Tuesday, May 27, 2008

What Scrapbooking is all about....



Working with truly old photos can make me a little nervous, especially when they are not mine! I have the wonderful opportunity to take my grandmother's photos from when she was first married and my dad as a child and make an album. My main purpose is to record important memories, some stories I haven't even heard before. My grandmother's brother passed recently and this brought her back to Hawsville, KY where she grew up. I wasn't able to go to the funeral, but at a recent family gathering she told me the story of when my granddad proposed to her and the actual spot. My uncle took some pictures of her at the "outlook," where it all happened over 50 years ago. I can't imagine the rush of emotions that went through her being at that same spot, especially considering my granddad passed away right before Kylie was born.

The first task is to get all of the photos out of those terrible sticky albums! They are definitely not acid free and will ruin those precious photos. The scraper that comes in the cricut accessory kit works great to get them out without ripping the photos. So check around in your family because you probably have really important photos in danger of deteriorating!

No comments: