Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Sashi Fairy!





My little girl has finally given up her paci!!! I kept thinking she would just give it up on her own, but I think I would be waiting a long time. We had been reading "Bye Bye Pacifiers" every night for awhile per her request. One Saturday morning she woke up and said that she wanted to give her sashis (that's what she calls them!) to the fairies for new babies. I didn't ask her twice! We got an envelope and went about the house to find all of them. I think we gathered about 10! We addressed it to the fairies from Kylie and then off to the mailbox we went. Such a big moment for her! I was almost sad to give them up too! They are pretty convenient when she's screaming! When we got back to the house, she looked out the glass door and decided that she wanted them back. I had to be firm and tell her that the fairies had them. She didn't have big melt downs like I thought she would. She asked for them several times over the next few days, but she accepted our answers that they were gone. I just hope we didn't miss any of them around the house! The fairies brought her a wonderful surprise the next morning and a thank you note covered in glitter. How nice to still believe in real magic!

No comments: